EFAP Programs- Employee Counselling and Support Services Overview
Increase productivity in your workplace.
Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAPs) provide your employees and managers with access to counselling services to help them manage personal and work-based issues that impact their productivity and performance at work, enabling you to create a healthier and happier workplace with reduced absenteeism and improved productivity.
EFAPs provide access to counselling services by phone, online or face to face, enabling your employees to speak to a professional counsellor wherever they are based. In addition, OptumTM can provide critical incident response for those times when workplaces need immediate assistance to cope with traumatic or unexpected workplace factors.
Why choose an Optum Employee Assistance Program?
- Experience. We have over 35 years’ experience in Canada managing a diverse range of clients from large public sector organizations, global and national corporates to small businesses and institutions.
- Immediate response services. We have managed more than 10,000 critical incident responses to businesses across Canada, sending counsellors onsite to stabilize and counsel when a challenging situation has arisen.
- Accessible 24/7. With a network of more than 850 providers across Canada and access to a global network, your employees and managers can access a quality counselling service wherever they are in the world.
- Solutions for managers. Optum can provide additional support to your senior leaders and managers with Manager and Key Personnel Hotline, a phone and email service supported by experienced clinicians who have previously worked in senior roles in business and understand the challenges faced by managers.
Features of the Employee Assistance Program:
- Member portal. Each employee and manager can access an online member portal, available 24/7, with comprehensive information on mental and physical well-being, access to online services and screeners to help them stay healthy.
- Dedicated account management team. A dedicated account management team is available to clients, helping them to manage and maximize the value of their Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Confidentiality. Our service is completely confidential to give your employees and managers peace of mind. To ensure colleagues don’t see each other at a counselling location, we even ensure that appointments are not booked at similar times.
Benefits of our Employee Assistance Program:
- Reduce absenteeism. Healthier employees take less time off work and are more productive.
- Staff retention. A comprehensive benefits package can help ensure your organization both attracts and retains the brightest staff.
- Manage employee well-being. Nearly half of all adults will experience a mental disorder at some point in their lives. One in five of your employees will experience a mental disorder every year. Therefore, investing in an Employee and Family Assistance Program will help your organization to professionally manage employee well-being.
We provide Employee Assistance Programs to a number of well-known Canadian organizations across a diverse range of industries in locations across Canada and around the globe.