Nutrition and Health Coaching
OptumTM provides personal health coaching and wellness support services to empower and educate employees on setting and achieving their health goals.
The Nutrition/Health Coaching solution consists of telephonic coaching with a certified Life Coach, supported by the following program tools:
- Daily Journal — participants can input their daily progress, challenges and successes to align with their goals, beliefs and values online or on hard-copy format
- Goals/Objectives form – is completed prior to the first coaching session and submitted to the coach
- 12 Weeks to Weight Loss & Wellness Workbook
- 12 Weeks guided CD
- Personal Health Risk Appraisal
- Stress Assessment system
- 30 Days to Lasting Lifestyle Change workbook
- Evaluation and feedback.
The foundation of the program’s philosophy includes a comprehensive wellness and lifestyle change approach with the main focus on supporting the shift in habits that contribute to life imbalance, coping issues, stress, productivity, hardiness, relationships, work productivity, quality of life, values, beliefs and associated health issues. The program is based on well-researched and sound evidence on how people change. The Health Coaching program helps participants make positive lifestyle changes.
The program focuses on these outcomes:
- Increased levels of activity
- Improved self-esteem
- Enhanced work-life balance
- Sustained weight loss
- Improved way of life
- Better coping skills
- Increased productivity.
All aspects of this program are available online. Clients can log into a specific site and download or input information into the online workbooks. Input information is stored where the participants can return to their previous end point, review their work and move to the next stage of their progress. This can all be shared with a coach or dietitian.